Monday, June 28, 2010

SERENDIPITY - Part I

Tracey E writes:

"There's no doubt that women everywhere suffer from varying degrees of low self-esteem. It doesn't matter if you are an African tribeswoman or a member of the European upper-crust; if you're an up and coming Olympian swimmer or just the kid around the corner, low self-esteem will hit you at sometimes. And for the Australian woman it is no different. She may be financially independent, she may be holding down a satisfying and well rewarding job, she may be young, she may be older, she may even be thin or fat. Low self-esteem will impact upon her life, and influence how she feels about herself and how she sees herself in the big picture. As a woman well endowed with size and shape, I had for many years foolishly thought my low self-esteem was because I was: (a) stupid and (b) I was fat. I questioned myself for years, and I still came to the conclusion that I must be stupid because I hadn't any friends. As an adult and based on a more adult perspective of life, this belief lived with me and was reinforced in my self feelings. "I must be stupid because I had a bad marriage, and I must be stupid because I'm not happy." I tended to be a "loner" mainly because people overlooked me or treated me as a bit of a puzzle or even a joke."

.....© 2010 Tracey E, Australia
To be continued ....

No comments:

Post a Comment